So we were contacted by the previous owner of our Morgan 41 Out Island, letting us know that she had obtained the title and would have it waiting for us. We were excited, and I told her that we would meet her at 5:30 that evening. FINALLY we would have the paperwork complete and she would have the check in her hand. Up until this point we had been working on a verbal agreement, which is completely enforceable in California, but it is not as easily proven as a written contract. Still we were not worried because she was a life-long friend of our best friend, so we had a sense that the deal would go well, and it did.
Now we have clear title and the previous owner has told us she will be off the boat by the end of this month, all is settled. We have already reserved a slip for her in our marina. We let her know that we would accommodate if she needed more time, but she insisted that she only needed until the end of this month.
So, up until today we have bought the following equipment that the new boat needs:
- Raymarine radar/GPS/chartplotter combination with the A78 display
- Simrad VHF with AIS and handheld wireless option
- West Marine floating handheld with GPS and distress
- 12 foot hard-bottom inflatable with 8 hp Honda ourboard
Still left are the following:
- Watermaker (Little Wonder)
- Refrigeration (Cool Blue)
- Stove (replace CNG stove with propane)
- Arch with davits
That should round out our boat insofar as equipment is concerned. Then we get to start on paint and interior. More soon…